Saturday, April 10

Spring is here!

The coldest winter in years has not been great for the beastfakers. The only faker who actually likes winter climbing managed to smash their leg into bitsize pieces (thankfully nothing worse), and missed the best part of the season.

So we've pretty much just been sitting around scratching our balls, hence the lack of posts.

A week spent in rainy font, although fun, also has not brightened the mood significantly. But the good weather is here now (at this very moment at least), so watch this space for more fakerstyle action.

I tried to go to Penallta last night for a quick solo mission. Clearly I'm going senile in my old age as it is obvious that 6pm on a Friday night at Penallta is going to be Chav central. I saw them lounging at the top of the crag, but thought I would have a go anyway. I made it to within 100m of the crag before the meerkat-like Chav in the green T-shirt spotted me, and the Amber Nectar aerial bombardment began.

So I didn't get any climbing done, but I did finally go and check out Castle Quarry (next to Tafs Well). Quite a grotty little crag really (although it does smell good thanks to all the wild garlic), and it looks like the route that runs up the main drainage line has been tried with axe and crampons, perhaps it formed up over the winter months?

1 comment:

CM said...

Speak for yourself. I've been cranking around east africa for the last two months, and have consequently aquired a golden brown tan, guns like mellons on a bit of string and a healthy dose of aids.

CM.